On SCADAPack controllers, you can log point data historically, in the form of DLOG records.
Define the specifications for such logging, using the fields within the Logged Data section of the <Point Type> tab of the appropriate Point Form:
- DLOG ID—Use this combo box to specify the DLOG ID (1 to 16) for a point. You can use the same DLOG ID for up to seven different points (where those points are any supported point type).
Where a DLOG ID other than None is specified, the server retrieves SCADAPack DLOG record data for a point. Should a historic value have a newer time stamp than the point’s current value, Geo SCADA Expert will update the point with the more up-to-date data, along with other relevant processing.
Where a point has no DLOG ID and the value None is specified, Geo SCADA Expert only retrieves current data for a point, using Geo SCADA Expert’s usual scanning mechanism.
- DLOG Only—Applies when a DLOG ID other than ‘None’ is specified above and the point is a ‘standard’ Digital Input or Analog Input. Select this check box for the server to only retrieve logged data for a point, via the SCADAPack DLOG mechanism. No current data is retrieved for the point.
Clear the check box if you want Geo SCADA Expert to scan a point for both current data and DLOG data.
- Field—Applies when a DLOG ID other than ‘None’ is specified above. Use the combo box to specify the number of the field that is used to store the DLOG record at the controller. Specify the required number, in the range 1 to 8.
- Bit Packed—Applies to Digital points only. Select this check box if the DLOG record for a digital point is ‘packed up’ with the records for other digital points at the controller. Use the Bit Offset field (see below) to specify the offset for the record for this particular digital point.
Clear the Bit Packed check box if the DLOG record for each digital point is stored separately at the controller. Only records for 1-bit Digital points can be stored separately.
- Bit Offset—Applies to Digital points only. Use the spin box to specify the bit offset in the DLOG record for a digital point, when it is ‘packed up’ with the data for other digital points.
- Historically Store Current Data—Select this check box for Geo SCADA Expert to store both current values and DLOG values historically.
Clear the check box if you want Geo SCADA Expert to store only DLOG values historically.
- Alarms From—Only applies when DLOG ID is set to an option other than ‘None’. Use the Alarms From combo box to specify how the Geo SCADA Expert server processes the data that it retrieves from a SCADAPack controller, specifically when the server raises and clears point alarms. Choose All Data, Logged Data Only, Most Recent Data, or Most Recent Logged Data, as appropriate. For more information on each option, see Processing Alarm Data for Point States in the Geo SCADA Expert Guide to Advanced Drivers.